Inspection Report Quotes
Ofsted inspectors wrote in October 2014 : "This is a good school."
- "Pupils are prepared well for the next stage of their education. Their achievement is good and they flourish socially."
- "Leaders, managers and governors have ensured good improvement in pupils' attainment and the quality of teaching since the previous inspection."
- "Senior leaders are not complacent. They are supported well by the governing body. Together, they have a good understanding of what is going well and what needs improving."
- "Over the last three years, pupils' attainment has improved to above average levels by the end of Year 6 in reading, writing and mathematics."
- "Children make good progress in the Early Years Foundation Stage, settling quickly at the start of the year and rapidly learning new skills."
- "Across the school, teachers have good expectations of what pupils should learn. Teaching engages pupils fully and inspires a love of learning."
- "Pupils are keen to do well. They behave sensibly both in and out of lessons. They are friendly and polite and feel safe."
- "The school provides pupils with many memorable experiences. These contribute well to their personal development and ensure that pupils leave school as confident, kind and tolerant individuals."
- "The school works closely with parents. They are very pleased with the work of the school, especially the way that adults take care of their children."
Ofsted Inspection date 21-22 October 2014
"The distinctiveness and effectiveness of Gt & Lt Shelford CE VA Primary School as a Church of England school are outstanding"
"The outstanding example of a loving, nurturing Christian community within which children of all faiths and none are valued so that they understand the nature of God's care and concern for each one as a unique and special individual."
Siams Inspection School Report Feb 2015
The reports can be obtained in PDF format from our Downloads section.